The Parenting Network's Prebudget Submission 2024
Since the establishment of the Parenting Network it has hosted a number of key events and published position papers and recommendations.
2019: Successful Implementation of Parenting Support Policy
The launch of, First 5: A Whole-of-Government Strategy for Babies, Young Children and Families in 2018 followed by its Implementation Plan in 2019 marked a key milestone for parenting support policy in the Republic of Ireland (ROI).
In light of this, the Parenting Network hosted a seminar to explore the concept of policy implementation and the implications for successful policy implementation of parenting support policy.
- ‘Pitfalls and challenges: Considerations for successful policy implementation and transfer’ Professor Michelle Millar, Dean of Students, NUI Galway & Senior Research Fellow, UNESCO Child & Family Research Centre
- ‘Policy implementation. Lessons from literature and the experience of CES‘. Aisling Sheehan, Centre for Effective Services
- ‘Parenting Support Policy. An Exploration of First 5 in relation to Parenting Support Policy’ Susan Brocklesby
The learning from this seminar will inform a subsequent position paper.
2015: ‘Supporting Parents: Sharing good practice, models and approaches.
This comprehensive conference showcased best practice examples of work in Ireland and Northern Ireland. The key note speech was:
- ‘Risks, relationships and repair’ delivered by Robin Balbernie, Clinical Director of Parent Infant Partnership UK.
The conference brought together policy makers, academics and practitioners.
2013: ‘An all-Island symposium : Towards a Parenting Strategy’.
The symposium explored Parenting Support from a policy perspective with inputs from:
- Professor Mary Daly, Department of Social Policy and Intervention, University of Oxford
- Marion Macleod, Senior Policy and Parliamentary Officer, Children in Scotland